[BusyBox] bug#1175: init: /etc/init.d/rcS does not execute everything

Sven Geggus geg at iitb.fhg.de
Fri Jun 1 04:15:02 UTC 2001

Package: busybox
Version: 0.51
Severity: normal

Hi there,

I recogniced, that /etc/init.d/rcS script does not execute Daemons in a
correct way.

It looks like the last command is not executed at all!

I´m trying to run inetd from this file, but it is not executed at all.

Whe I add multiple calls of inetd, it gets finaly started several times.

If I call inetd three times it is running twice!

It is not running at all when called twice though.

I´m using glibc-2.1.3 if this shoulf be of interest.

My /etc/init.d/rcS script uses a real bash (1.14.7), not the busybox
supplied sh.

It is even more strange, that the script starts the daemons just fine when
started manually from a shell.

I´m willing to help debugging this, but I´m not quite shure how I should.

Sven

P.S.:

This is what /etc/inittab looks like

--cut--
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

ttyS0::respawn:/bin/getty -L ttyS0 115200 vt100
--cut--

--
Sven Geggus @ Fraunhofer IITB, Karlsruhe (http://wsd.iitb.fhg.de/)
Phone: +49 721 6091-422, Fax: +49 721 6091-213