[BusyBox] using '*' in a directory name

Tom Cameron TCameron at stmarysbank.com
Mon Jul 23 23:42:57 UTC 2001

Hello,
	I just finished testing out a few new kernel configurations, and I
noticed that when I booted my target system, it is not executing my scripts
correctly.  Essentially, it's supposed to turn on the rp_filter option
within the /proc entries (you've all seen the kernel option).  However,
things aren't working quite right.  Instead, the shell is taking the '*'
wildcard as being a legitimate directory name, and thus it searches for it.
Naturally, it will never find a directory with the name '*', so it fails
with the error message that it can't find the directory
/proc/whatever/something/*/rp_filter.
	Anyway, I am using the ash shell, as the msh shell doesn't like my
scripts _at_ _all_.  I haven't gotten around to testing hush, but the last
time I used hush, it didn't make use of 'for', etc.  I will test it tomorrow
(07/24/2001) and post my results.  Thanks for any help.

-Tom