[BusyBox] Re: cmdedit width setting

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Jan 31 17:55:41 UTC 2001

Larry Doolittle wrote:

> > if(ioctl(0, TIOCWINSIZ, prt)<0)
> > equivalent setTermSettings error.
> > Result: stdin not interactive, require read(0...), not cmdedit.

Yes, I have got exited. However you also have not tested the pathes.

> Run from an Xterm, it gives the expected:
>    window size 24, 80, 499, 316
> Run from the serial port of my StrongARM (via Kermit), it gives:
>    window size 0, 0, 0, 0

New version ready. Base idea: ioctl(TIOCWINSIZ)<0 in next call
equivalent crashe system, if previos without error in one process.

1) volatile int cmdedit_termw   = 80; /* actual terminal width */
(To Larry, NOT 79! )

2) Not change my win_changed()... (To Erric). Not effect,
   bad algorithmic.

> I don't ignore anyone, although I only have 24 hours in my day,
> and some items always manage to fall off the end of my to-do list.

I observe, that 2 changes after an release 0.49 in cvs were brought.
They are not correct. Mine 2 changes were ignored. I have reacted on
patch Evgeny and addition many my ideas.

> Your submissions are either licensed for general use, or not.
> By submitting them originally, you imply that they are.  The
> file header for cmdedit says:

Me monstrously amazes, as far as we are far on ideology.
I completely do not have time for paranoic legal distortions.

--w
vodz