[BusyBox] New version cmdedit

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Sun Feb 18 20:28:47 UTC 2001

On Sun Feb 18, 2001 at 03:39:23PM +0300, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> I see patch to cmdedit up revivion 1.38.
>
> > Several features were hard coded on.  Stop that.
> > List tab completion as working (thanks Vladimir!) and taking 4k.
> >  -Eric

s/Eric/Erik/

> This erroneous. Please remove this patch!
> Not hardcoded. Only for hard test.
> See again!

My fault, yes I see you are right.  I will put those back.

> Also, I wrote my cmdedit for usage not special for sh.c.
>
> This also can usage for all utilites requires GNU readline.
>
> Please back:
> #ifdef BB_FEATURE_SH_USERNAME_COMPLETION
> #ifdef BB_FEATURE_USERNAME_COMPLETION
>
> Not for sh only!

Hmm.  Right now, nothing else but the shell uses it...  I have tried
very hard to make the names of features show applets they will change.
What about BB_FEATURE_SH_TAB_COMPLETION and BB_FEATURE_SH_COMMAND_EDITING?
Are you thinking all these should be changed too?

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com