[BusyBox] nfs mount pb

Thierry Laronde thierry at cri74.org
Mon Aug 27 03:06:30 UTC 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to identify the source of the following problem : when, from BB,
trying to nfs mount a filesystem, while the network has been configured
using a dhcp client (fwiw pump), there are problem with rpc calls. It takes
a huge amount of time with some error messages (portmap and lockd), and
finally the mount succeeds.

I don't know at the moment what is responsible for what. Kernel ? BB ? The
server. FWIW, the booting machine using BB (compiled against uClibc with rpc
enabled) uses a 2.4.6 Linux kernel while the server runs a 2.2.x.

Has anybody encountered such problems? Any tips? [I might have forgotten a
configuration somewhere...]

Cheers,
--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org/