[BusyBox] further ash size reduction

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at busybox.net
Sat Aug 11 11:40:05 UTC 2001

Aaron,

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 12:47:26PM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 01:45:10PM -0600, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> > Also, I didn't forget about your is_digit() macro...
>
> Be careful! I was looking at that this morning and I realized that
> it's used on an int in one function. I tried making a special version
> of it to only be used on chars and it didn't give me any size
> advantage.

Thanks, but I was already aware of it.  In fact, that might explain the
size difference... I was casting to unsigned int in the version tested,
as that was the only way to be safe.

> > Sorry... I usually do.  Must have been an oversight.
>
> With cvs you can put
> diff -u
>
> in .cvsrc, which is really handy.

I've got "diff -ubBwpN" in my .cvsrc.  But the diff you're talking about
was generated between two patched versions.

Manuel