[BusyBox] BusyBox] Busybox' "sh" shell on PowerPC

Michael Shmulevich michaels at jungo.com
Mon Apr 9 09:53:38 UTC 2001

Larry,

In my original post I have mentioned two problems: one that has been
recently succesfully resolved, while the other is still not willing to
surrender to my sole efforts.

As I wrote, there seems to be tty race condition, especially when I use
pipeline.  The example I gave:
# cat | grep aaa

being unable to 'grep' anything seems to be more strange that before. I
checked the 'ps' for the command and this is what I got:

    68 root     root     T cat
    69 root     root     R grep aaa

'cat' seems to be *stopped* by some signal, which one -- I don't know,
probably SIGSTOP. Whoever sends this probably has the reason to do so.
Running 'cat' without pipeline doesn't seem to fail.  This I see from /proc:

~ # ls -l /proc/68/fd/*
lrwx------   1 root     root           32 Jan  1 01:02 /proc/68/fd/0 ->
/dev/ttyS0
l-wx------   1 root     root           32 Jan  1 01:02 /proc/68/fd/1 ->
pipe:[79]
l-wx------   1 root     root           32 Jan  1 01:02 /proc/68/fd/2 ->
pipe:[79]
~ # ls -l /proc/69/fd/*
lr-x------   1 root     root           32 Jan  1 01:02 /proc/69/fd/0 ->
pipe:[79]
lrwx------   1 root     root           32 Jan  1 01:02 /proc/69/fd/1 ->
/dev/ttyS0
lrwx------   1 root     root           32 Jan  1 01:02 /proc/69/fd/2 ->
/dev/ttyS0

Pipeline is correct, except for WHY fd[2] is sent to  pipeline???

Still, there are cases when calling /bin/bash from 'sh' casues troubles.
As I said, probably there is problem with tty handling.

--
Sincerely yours,
Michael Shmulevich
email: michaels at jungo.com
web: http://www.jungo.com
Phone: 1-877-514-0537(USA)  +972-9-8859365(Worldwide) ext. 233
Fax:   1-877-514-0538(USA)  +972-9-8859366(Worldwide)