[BusyBox] Hurd port (and vms port) files in cvs?

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Tue Sep 19 00:15:07 UTC 2000

Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Tue Sep 19, 2000 at 09:42:46AM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> > Ive got busybox working under the Hurd, there are a couple (~4) of
> > functions that dont compile, and some functions that arent needed
> > (modules, mount).
> >
> > The only difference bettween the Hurd bb and Linux bb is busybox.def.h,
> > i have made a customised busybox.def.h that leaves anything unwanted
> > commented out, i figure i could rename it busybox.def.h.Hurd and put it
> > in the cvs.
> >
> > Is it ok to put port specific file in the main cvs, or would it be
> > better to put them somewhere else ?
> >
> > If its ok i will upload busybox.def.h.Hurd
>
> Sounds ok to me.   What other changes (other then the .h)
> are needed?  Nothing too intrusive I hope...

No other changes, i did change two functions in cvs yesterday to make
them compile under the Hurd.

which.c i simplified its path count routine, and delayed defining a
buffers length until the exact needed size was known.

gunzip.c i removed the initialisation on basename on non __linux__
systems, it caused a redifinition under the hurd, and basename was never
used by gunzip anyway, i assume it was some code that was needed prior
to gunzip being busyboxed.

Glenn