[BusyBox] removing linuxrc from bb ?

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Sat Oct 28 04:24:53 UTC 2000

On Fri Oct 27, 2000 at 07:48:00PM -0700, kent robotti wrote:

> > Hmm.  Thats news to me -- it worked last time I tried
> > it.  What kernel was this with?
>
> I tryed it with kernel 2.2.17 and 2.4.0test9, if you
> have a /linuxrc and a /sbin/init both linked to bb
> there's no problem, but if you just have a /linuxrc
> link to bb the kernel will just open a console and
> run /bin/sh.

I don't know how you get a /linuxrc link to bb without having /sbin/init...
Having /linuxrc act as init is the whole point of BB_FEATURE_LINUXRC.  If you
look in Config.h

    #ifdef BB_FEATURE_LINUXRC
    #ifndef BB_INIT
    #define BB_INIT
    #endif
    #define BB_LINUXRC
    #endif

So busybox /linuxrc only shows up with /sbin/init, never by itself (here I am
assuming you either use 'make PREFIX=/tmp/foo install' or 'busybox install'
rather then making links by hand).

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com