[BusyBox] netkit-tiny

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Wed Nov 29 22:28:37 UTC 2000

On Wed Nov 29, 2000 at 03:52:12PM -0600, David Douthitt wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2000, at 9:50, Gennady Feldman wrote:
>
> > We [...] are going to be pulling some stuff from Busybox into
> > netkit_tiny.
>
> Which stuff?

I've had that part documented in the busybox "TODO" file since about
February...  Here it is, for the curious:

    * Networking apps are probably going to be split out some time soon into a
        separate package (named perhaps netkit-tiny?).  This would remove the
	following items from BusyBox: hostid, hostname, nc, nslookup, telnet, and
	ping.  nfs mounting and syslogd (network logging) will remain in BusyBox.

>               Will netkit-tiny be put into anonymous CVS?

Already there (though not working yet -- mostly just a dumping ground
so far for bits and pieces of code)...

> I was going to ask about a mailing list, but
> netkit_tiny at busybox.net already seems to be there :-)

I work quickly (sometimes ;-)

> The LRP derivative Oxygen relies heavily on busybox (unlike other LRP
> variants) - I want to keep things up to date.
>
> Will netkit-tiny contain --install code?

But of course!  :-)

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com