WG: [BusyBox] Bug-fix release

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue Jul 11 15:08:44 UTC 2000

On Sat Jul 08, 2000 at 07:38:10PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Sun Jul 09, 2000 at 12:50:14AM +0200, Gerald Dachs wrote:
> > Hello Erik,
> >
> > > Ok.  Compiling on master.debian.org (glibc 2.07-19981211, Linux
> > > 2.0.36 kernel
> > > headers in /usr/include/kernel) it compiles now.
> > I installed glibc 2.07-19981211 and kernel header 2.2.15-2 and 2.2.17pre6-1
> > and linked the directory inlude/linux to /usr/include/linux, but I have the
> > old
> > problem.
> > >
> > > I didn't see the loop.h problem, but there were a few things that needed
> > What does this mean You didn't see it? Do You have another loop.h in
> > /usr/include/linux
> > (no link to the kernel headers?), or is dev_t defined, if yes where?
> >
> > Gerald

Ok.  Busybox compiles for me under slink.  Just as a test, I also installed
Debian rex (1.2).  This is the oldest Debian CD I own (before that, I used
sneakernet to carry piles of floppy disks home from the university).

Anyway, with Debian rex (gcc 2.7.2.1, kernel 2.0.27, libc 5.4.1.3, a.out
binaries) it compiles without a problem.  The docs didn't compile (the ancient
pod2* tools don't understand some newer directives), but I wan't too worried.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that since it compiles under Debian rex, Debian slink,
and Debian potato it should compile pretty much on any Linux box at this point.

Let me know if you still see the loop.h problem.  I just don't see it at all,

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com