[BusyBox] How to get binary key map file?

Arne Bernin arne at matrix.loopback.org
Fri Jul 7 15:28:57 UTC 2000

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 11:55:21PM +0900, NISHIDA Wataru wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I'm trying to make a boot/root disk for a screening router.
> BusyBox works fine, but I need to configure a key table for my
> Japanese keyboard.
> I'm not familiar with keyboard handling in Linux kernel
> and don't know the way to convert a text keymap file to
> the "bkeymap" file used in loadkmap.c.

We have a working keymap file here it ist for german keyboards, but maybe it
will help you in getting your own file. I don't know hoe to konvert this
either, we used to get our bkeymap on a running linux system.
the program we used is a patched version of loadkmap, maybe it helps you.
I don't know if it works for a japanese keyboard...

you have to put this into you busybox source tree and compile it
with gcc -o dumpkmap dumpkmap.c