[Buildroot] First Step in allowing Static / shared library choice

Daniel Laird danieljlaird at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:39:28 UTC 2007

Bernhard Fischer-6 wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 07:18:08AM -0800, Daniel Laird wrote:
>>
>>Following on from my question of 'how do we deal with shared and static
>>builds"
>>I enclose the following patch.
>>This is for the top level Config.in
>>It will appear under Build options
>>this means that the variables BR2_STATIC_LIBS and BR2_SHARED_LIBS are
>>available.
>>
>>Once this patch is in we can start to modify packages to use this
>>information. (no packages modified yet)
>
> Sounds good.
>
> Can you please also add $(BR2_ENABLE_SHARED) rsp. $(BR2_ENABLE_STATIC)
> variables (and the corresponding DISABLE) that get passed to
> TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS (spelling?) to toolchain/Makefile.in or an
> appropriate place?
>
> TIA,

I agree that I could do this.  However I  decided that you might want the
toolchain to be built staticly but your packages not.
I could therefore add a separate set of options to Toolchain options
maybe BR2_TOOLCHAIN_STATIC_LIBS etc as i think these options should be
different to the package options
what do you think
Dan