[Buildroot] LZMA in Buldroot.

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Wed Oct 4 19:26:07 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 06:37:42PM +0200, Thomas Lundquist wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 06:20:28PM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>> >
>> >+$(EXT2_BASE).lzma: lzma-host $(EXT2_BASE)
>> >+	@$(STAGING_DIR)/bin/lzma -vc $(EXT2_BASE) > $(EXT2_BASE).lzma
>> >+
>>
>> reminds me that we may want to lzma the other filesystems too, later on.
>
>there are patches for lzma compressed squashfs around. I haven't found
>any for 3.0 tho.
>
>> >-#lzma-headers: $(TARGET_DIR)/bin/lzma
>
>> >-#ifeq ($(strip $(BR2_PACKAGE_LZMA_TARGET_HEADERS)),y)
>> >-#TARGETS+=lzma-headers
>> >-#endif
>
>> Should be added as an option rather than removed..
>> lzma-headers: $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/bin/lzma
>> 	-cp -dpf the_lzma.h $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/include/
>
>as snipped out from the original lzma.mk, it's commented out which is

Yes, i left it commented out. I had (and still have) trouble with c++
due to an alleged bug with libtool on my ubuntu devel host. Probably i'll
ditch that install and go back to what i usually run as a sensible base
to work on.

>why I removed it.
>
>do you still want it?

Yes, i do and will add it too when i have verified and applied your
diff. No timeframe on checking it, though.

If you find the time to add the rule for the header(s), then i'll
blindly apply your take 3 patch see if i need any additional changes.
I don't know if anybody except me does currently use lzma via buildroot
on their targets, so i do not feel obligued to be exceptionally stable
at that end..

What do you think?