[Buildroot] how to add monit package in buildroot

amit bhosale amitbhosale2000 at rediffmail.com
Mon Jul 31 14:30:03 UTC 2006

 hi list

        i want to compile monit for my root file system.
    In my buildroot (buildroot-20060606.tar) there is no option for
    monit package like modutils.

    so i download monit-4.5.tar.gz in dl directory and add entry in
   pakage directory Config.in file
        source "package/monit/Config.in"

  then i download monit4.5.tgz from
               http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=175
  and then untar it as monit it contains
            Config.in  Makefile.in
            monit-4.5-cross.patch  monit-4.5-summary.patch
             monit.mk
  i save monit dir in Pakages dir in buildroot

  i made few changes in monit.mk

   change:-#$(DL_DIR)/$(MONIT_SOURCE):
           # $(WGET) -P $(DL_DIR) $(MONIT_SITE)/$(MONIT_SOURCE)
   because i already download the code from that side

  then monit option is visible in make menuconfig after that i select that option and see it in .config file

           BR2_PACKAGE_MONIT=y
 after that i give command make but monit code is not compiled

 so please guide me to compile monit

  amit